An occupational driver’s license is a special restricted license issued to persons whose license has been suspended or revoked for certain offenses. Dallas occupational driver’s license lawyer Constantine G. Anagnostis has extensive experience helping individuals obtain an occupational drivers license. An occupational license authorizes the operation of a non-commercial motor vehicle in connection with a person’s occupation, for educational purposes or in the performance of essential household duties. Dallas occupational driver’s license lawyer Constantine G. Anagnostis can explain the options available for you, eligibility requirements, and the procedures. At DFW Criminal Lawyers, L.L.C.,, we look forward to helping you.
Individuals may still qualify for an occupational license even if their driver license has been suspended for surcharges. An occupational license authorizes the operation of a non-commercial motor vehicle in connection with an individual’s:
- School-related activities, or
- Performance of essential household duties.
Your license will normally allow you to be on the road for four (4) hours a day, however, this number may increase up to twelve (12) hours per day pending court approval.
Individuals must submit the following items to DPS:
- A certified copy of the petition and a certified copy of the court order granting the occupational license.
- The judge has the authority to grant an occupational order.
- If the individual is participating in a special drug court program, then the petition is not required.
- A Financial Responsibility Insurance Certificate (SR-22).
- Payment of the occupational license fee.
- An occupational license is typically issued for one year or less; the maximum length of issuance is two years.
- The court must grant the issuance of an occupational license beyond one year.
- Payment of reinstatement fees.
Dallas criminal lawyer Constantine Anagnostis dedicates his practice to people who are facing criminal charges, with a primary emphasis on DWI, Drug Offenses, Expunction & Nondisclosure Agreements, and Occupational Driver’s License Issues. Dallas criminal lawyer Constantine G. Anagnostis understands the law, procedures, and penalties pertaining to criminal law, and will aggressively fight to protect your rights. You may call 817-229-0319 to schedule a free consultation, or submit a sample case form. At DFW Criminal Lawyers, L.L.C., we look forward to helping you.